Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

A new name. A new blog.


So over the last few years I've taken some pretty intense albeit light hearted ribbing over my original dj name, DJ Smooth. I'd realized for quite a while that I was going to have to come up with something new. The thing I realized was that most dj names out there come out sounding ridiculous. I tried every derivative of my first, middle, and last names as well. I had almost settled on dj Glenn Paul not that Paul is in my name. It is just close to how my last name Poulos is spelled and the whole thing rolls off the tongue fairly well. All my life people seem to call Paul as well. Not a few times but thousands of times. So many in fact that I would find myself answering to the name and rarely even bothered correcting people during a casual encounter. I deduced it must have been something to do with my last name and / or I look like a Paul. None of it really matters though because ultimately I rejected the name dj Glenn Paul in favour of something else.

One of the criteria I had when selecting a name was that it would play off the fact that I am, how do they say "no spring chicken". Indeed, many claim "you're old." Well, not to disappoint I finally settled on my new moniker and logo which fits this criteria perfectly. In true fashion of the moment I also wanted to misspell it as well and thus Phossl was born. Not djPhossl just Phossl. I`ve settled on the name Phossl Music for my website under development and the music label I will release under is ``The Phossl Record``. Finally, my weekly music mixes will be titled Phossl Fuel mix.

I hope you like my self developed first generation logo and please subscribe via RSS or your favorite method to my weekly mixes and share your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment